Prof. Dr. Birendra Kishore Das, MD, FAS, ANM, FAMS
- Medical education, University of Gottingen, Germany.
- HOD, SKIMS, Srinagar.
- Dean SGPGIMS, Lucknow.
- Director, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute in Delhi.
- 1968 - 1969 Resident in Medicine 400 bedded General Hospital, Hagen, Germany.
- 1970 - 1974 Research Associate Radiation Institute and Clinic, Free University of Berlin.
- 1974 - 1982 Erster Oberartz Associate Head - Radiation Clinic and Nuclear Medicine Dept. City Hospital, Offenbach,Germany.
- 1982 - 1987 Prof. and Chairman Dept. of Nuclear Medicine SK. Institute of Medical Sciences, Srinagar, India.
- Prof. and Head Dept. of Nuclear Medicine Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India.
- 1991 - 1993 Dean, Lucknow, India Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences,
- 1995 - 1996 Medical Director Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Center, Delhi.
- 2005 - 2007 Visiting Professor School of Medical Sciences Science University of Malaysia ( USM ) Kota Bharu, Kelantan.
- June - Aug 2007 Visiting Professor Nuclear Medicine and PET Centre Kettering Medical Centre, Dayton Right Medical School, Ohio, USA.
- Present Director Utkal Institute of Medical Sciences, UIMS (A Research Unit of UHPL) Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Dr. Rabindra Kumar Mohapatra, MBBS, MS
- MBBS from V.S.S.Medical College, Burla, Odisha and M.S (Orthopedic & Surgery) degree from Sambalpur University. Working with various hospitals & health institutions in India.
Dr. Sanjib Mishra, MBBS, MD
- MBBS from V.S.S Medical College & Hospital, Burla.
- MD Radiation Oncology from S.C.B. Medical College & Hospital, Cuttack.
- Trained Oncologist from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai and worked at Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC) where he was looking after all patients in different clinical trials of Tata Memorial Hospital.
- Has gained experience with modern radiotherapy techniques such as 3DCRT, IMRT,IGMT, SCRT, SRS and virtual simulation. Worked in all routine teletherapy, immobilization, simulation and treatment techniques; all aspects of brachytherapy including intracavitary, intraluminal, interstitial, &mould brachytherapy; Palliative medicine & care of terminally ill patients; and the use of cytotoxic chemotherapy & management of toxicities.
- First trained person to start the newer radiotherapy technique like IMRT in Eastern India.
- European Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ESTRO).
- Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI).
- Indian College of Radiation Oncology (ICRO).
Publications & Membership:
Dr. Sudatta Ray, MBBS, DNB
- MBBS at Madras Medical College, Chennai,
- graduation in Nuclear Medicine and PET CT at the Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospitals, Bangalore.
- certified Radiation Safety Officer(RSO II) from the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board(AERB, Govt of India), Mumbai.
- Expertise: Nuclear Cardiology, PET CT, Thyroid diseases and radioiodine therapy.
Dr. Gouri Das
- MBSS from SCB Medical college,
- specialization in anesthesiology in Germany.
- Worked at Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Srinagar for 5 years.
- Worked as senior anesthetist at SGPGI, Lucknow for 16 years .
Dr. Alakta Das
- completed MBBS from SCB medical college, cuttack & MS( obgyn) from MKCG medical college. Worked as asst prof.at KIMS Hospital, Bhubaneswar & attached as a consultant to various corporate hospitals & clinics.
- Trained in sonography, basic & advanced ART( artificial reproductive technique) from Maharastra. completed fellowship in day care gynec endoscopy from Maharashtra. Experienced in managing all types of routine & emergency procedures.
- Planning ahead with a painless labor unit in order to encourage & increase the normal delivery rate.
- MEMBERSHIP- BOGS (Bhubaneswar obs & gyn society),
- FOGSI( federation of obstetrics & gynaecological society of India),
- PCOS society India, IAGE( Indian association of gynaec endoscopist),
- ISOPARB(Indian society of perinatology & reproductive biology). Has attended & presented several papers in regional & national workshops & conferences.
Dr. S N PandaMBBS(SCBMC) MD(PGIMER, CHANDIGARH)
- MBBS(SCBMC) MD(PGIMER, CHANDIGARH)
- DM CARDIOLOGY(PGIMER CHANDIGARH)
- FESC- FELLOWSHIP IN EUROPEAN COLLGEOF CARDIOLOGY
- PDF- POST DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP IN CARDIAC PACING AND ELECTROPHYSILOGY
- Senior Interventional Cardiologist and cardiac electrophysilogist & Specialized in Cardiology
- Dr.PANDA, In a career spanning over 13 years has treated over 30,000 patients.
- Has performed over 15,000 diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including complex coronary interventions.
- Several Publications to the credit of DR.PANDA
- He has been invited to a number of National and International Conferences as faculty
Dr. panda is a dedicated interventional cardiologist and cardiac electrophysilogist (specialist doctor that perform radiofrequency catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmia , pacing , heart failure device implantation) and he has got exceptional technique and skill effective patient care in various type of cardiac patients. Dr. panda also seeks to see the whole patient and is able to look beyond symptoms and disorders to take into account the emotional aspects of the patient's well-being. For patients who are fearful and anxious, he seeks to provide them with hope, relief, and reassurance. His special interested and skill level in cardiac electrophysiology attracted patient from various part of country and across oversea as patients who need appropriate treatment. He is one of the pioneer of elctrophysilogy in divided Andhra Pradesh and provide his service in almost every corner of state.
Prof. Dr. Sudhansu S. Mishra
- Special interest – paediatric neurosurgery, skull base surgery, neuro-endoscopy, neuro-traumatology, neuro-oncology & neuro-spine surgery
- Former head, post-doctoral department of Neurosurgery, S.C.B. Medical College & Hospital, Cuttack, Odisha
- Former head, department of neurosurgery, V.S.S. Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Burla, Sambalpur, Odisha.
- M.B.B.S., M.S. & M.Ch. from S.C.B. Medical College, Cuttack, Odisha
- Trained in micro-neurosurgery at AIIMS, New Delhi and K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai
- DPublished more than 75 papers in international journals.
- Presently president of Association of Neuroscientists of Eastern India (ANEI 2017-18)
- Member, editorial board of Indian journal of neurosurgery
- Guided 12 post-doctoral students for M.Ch. degree
- External examiner for DNB & M.Ch. examinations.
- 35 years of service experience in govt. of Odisha at various medical colleges and hospitals.
Dr. Swapnita Hota
- MBBS (2002-2008) from Shree Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur, Karnataka, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Completed DNB in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Meenakshi Mission Hospital and Research Center, Madurai, Tamil Nadu on 31st July 2013
- Currently working as a senior resident in Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology in HITECH MEDICAL COLLEGE,Bhubaneshwar.
- Worked as a senior resident in Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology in AMRI HOSPITALS Bhubaneshwar from october 2016 to january 2017
- Worked as a Senior Resident in Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ispat General Hospital, Rourkela, Odisha from 17th August 2015 to 16th August 2016.
- Worked as a Fellow in Nondescending Vaginal Hysterectomy under Dr.Ramakrishna Purohit at Purohit General Hospital & Research Center at Baragarh, Odisha in November 2015.
- Worked as a Fellow in Obstetrics & Gynaecological Ultrasound under Dr.Anirudh Badade at Chikitsa: Center for Excellence in Ultrasound at Chembur, Mumbai from October 2014 to November 2014.
- Worked as a Senior Resident in Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology at Brihamumbai Mahanagarpalika Centenary Hospital at Govandi, Mumbai from March 2014 to July 2014.
- Completed three years of DNB Training in Obstetrics & Gynaecology at Meenakshi Mission Hospital and Research Center, Madurai, Tamil Nadu on 31st July 2013 (2010 to 2013).
Dr. Ranjan Kumar Mohanty
- Dr Ranjan Kumar Mohanty is a postgraduation in Surgery (MS-Surgery), from a reputed Institute in Odisha.
- He has completed a Fellowship in Surgical Oncology and another in Minimal Access Surgery from a prestigious institute in Gujarat.
- He is trained in Laryngeal Laser Surgeries and Artificial Voice Prosthesis from TMH, Mumbai
- Dr Mohanty has, to his credit, many publications in National & International journals and is member of various prestigious organizations like IASO, FHNO, AMASI and ABSI
- He holds expertise in the fields of breast cancer, head & neck, GI and gynecological malignancies
Dr. Brig P K Sahoo
- MBBS FROM SCB Medical college, Cuttack, Utkal University (1975)
- MS (Gen Surgery) from AFMC, Pune (1985)
- M.Ch (Neurosurgery) from AIIMS, New Delhi (1994)
- Specialised in Micro Neurosurgery
- Specialised in Endoscopy
- Specialised in Stereotactic and image guided Brain & Spine Surgery
Achievements & Contributions
- Established Neuro surgical centers for the first time at Base Hospital Delhi Cantt, Command Hospital (Air Force) Bangalore, and modernized Neuro surgical centers at Army Hospital (Research & Referral) Delhi Cantt & Command Hospital (Southern Command ) & AFMC Pune and Tata Main Hospital, Jamsedpur
- Performed cervical disc replacement by Bryan's cervical Disc for cervical disc prolapse, Zephir plating & Premier plating for anterior stabilisation of Cervical spine instability, Apofix fixation for posterior stabilisation of cervical spine instability, Cage placement & Z plate fixation for Thoracic spine instability, TSRH System & Collorodo II system for reduction & fixation of Lumbar spondylolisthesis, Percutaneous Pedicular screw and rod fixation for lumbar sp
- Performed functional neurosurgery i.e., Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson's disease, Spinal cord stimulaton for post surgery failed back and Baclofen pump placement for Spasticity for the first time in India & Armed Forces
- Performed Image guided Cranial & Spinal Surgery, Awake brain surgery, Stereotactic surgery, X- knife surgery ( Radio surgery) , cervical disc replacement by prestige disc, Lumbar disc replacement by Charitte disc, Device for inter vertebral Assisted Motion (DIAM) placement for lumbar disc prolape, Stem cell therapy for spinal cord injury patients for the first time in Armed Forces.
Dr. Tapan Kumar Sahoo
- MBBS from M.K.C.G Medical College and Hospital, Odisha, 2010
- MD Calcutta National Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata (West Bengal University of Health Sciences) –28 june 2011- 27june 2014
- Life Member, INDIAN SOCIETY OF ANAESTHESIOLOGISTS
- Registered with THE ORISSA COUNCILOF MEDICAL REGISTRATION (Reg. No.: 17509/2010)
- Registered with West Bengal University of Health Sciences (Reg No. 0342 of 2011-2012)
- Oral paper presentation in ISAJAC , Eastern zone, 2011
- Poster presentations at 22nd ISA annual conference eastern zone, 2012
- Oral paper presentation at 61st Annual National Conference Of Indian Society Of Anaesthesiologist , 2013
- Konaseema Institute Of Medical Sciences And Research Foundation, AP
- Tata Steel Medical Hospital, Odisha
Dr. Palash Das
- MBBS - S.C.B Medical College
- Post-Graduation - S.C.B Medical College
- Fellowship in Paediatric Hemato Oncology - Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital, Chennai
- Worked in a tertiary care Paediatric Hemato-Oncology centre for 12 months
- Was trained in Pediatric Hemato-Oncology under Dr. Julius Scott (Consultant Paediatric Haematologist and Oncologist), Dr. R.Varadarajan (Consultant Haematologist), Dr. Sarala Rajajee (Consultant Paediatric Haematologist), Dr Janani Sankar (consultant Paediatric Hematologist)
- Treated and managed varied types of Oncologic emergencies.
- Was part of a team managing more than 100 new cases with malignancies in children including Leukaemias, Lymphomas, Neuroblastoma, Wilm’s Tumors, Hepatoblastoma, Osteosarcoma, Germ Cell Tumors, Rhabdomyosarcoma, Brain Tumors, LCH, Ewing’s Sarcoma, relapse and refractory malignancies and certain rare tumours as per recent COG guidelines
- Also managed 300-350 inpatients every month which included planning chemotherapy, managing cases with febrile neutropenia and tumor lysis syndromes, accessing and care of infusa-port and central lines, palliation in children with advanced refractory malignancies, etc.
- Hands on experience in conducting in procedures such as bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, intra-thecal chemotherapy, accessing chemo-ports, intubation, PICC line insertion
- xperience with counselling and managing patients on palliation
- Managed various haematological disorders in children including Thalassemias, Sickle cell anaemia, Hereditary spherocytosis, ITP, Hemophilia, Aplastic anaemias,Fanconi Anemia, HLH.
- Managed haematological emergencies and refractory and complicated cases
- Worked at Sri Ramachandra Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Chennai as an observer in the department of Hemato-Pathology, Genetics and Transfusion Medicine.
- Over 15 presentations at various hemato-oncology meets in Chennai.
- Attended PHOCON 2012, Ludhiana and presented Poster on “ Nephrotic Syndrome—a rare paraneoplastic presentation of Hodgkin’s Disease”
- Attended various haematology conferences in Chennai
Dr.(Prof) P.C. Samantaray
- Dr.(Prof) P.C. Samantaray is very renowned in the healthcare sector.
- In his long distinguished career, with 50 years of experience, Dr. Samantaray has worked in India and other various countries like England, France and Switzerland.
- We are honoured to have him aboard for Utkal Hospital.
Dr. Chittaranjan Rath
- Dr. Chittaranjan Rath is a senior consultant in the Pediatrics Department.
- Having completed his Advanced Post Graduation in Pediatric Nutrition from the Boston University, he has expertise in the field of field of Pediatrics & Neonotalogy.